Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goodnight Summer

I am boycotting summer.
I'm just over it.  I am so done.

Merriam-Webster defines boycott as - to engage in a concerted refusal to have dealings with (as a person, store, or organization) usually to express disapproval or to force acceptance of certain conditions


Every year around this time I start yearning for Fall and the end of summer.  But this year I'm in a downright protest against summer.  Here in Texas we're on the 900th day of 100+ degree weather, not to mention one of the worst droughts these parts have ever dealt with. (Okay it's not really the 900th day, but that's what it feels like.) I mean we didn't even get a real Spring for crying out loud! No rain = no flowers.  I mean the trees are just gasping out here, folks.  


So I was walking through my local craft store sometime last week when I came across this:

Here it comes...

Now, usually I scorn the putting out of the holiday things months before the actual holiday, but this year I almost did a little dance! And I thought, "Darn right! If the craft stores can start preparing for Halloween in August well then so I can I!"  And right then and there I decided that I'm just not dealing with summer anymore.  As far as I'm concerned it's time to start preparing for falling leaves and cornucopias.
So there!


And here at Casa Moi, that means it's blanket making time!
Goodnight Moon inspired Granny Squares
This one is going to be for Mr. Boy.  He's pretty much grown out of all his baby blankets, and when I made this one for my friend last year, he loved it!  So I vowed to make him a Granny of his own.

I chose to use the colors from Goodnight Moon because he can just stare and stare at that book for... well... minutes.  He's a 3 year old boy after all.  So no one activity can generally keep him occupied for more than a few minutes.

And I'm also making a baby blanket for a friend who's expecting and whose baby shower is coming up on September 17th.  But I can't show you pics of that one yet because you never know whose watching.

So I'll be a busy, busy, crocheting bee for the next few weeks!

7 comments:

Annemarie said...

Oh Renee, I understand you completely re. the Summer. Blegh. Mind you, I've nothing to complain about. It's been positively Fall-like for weeks here, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be putting up the Christmas Tree.

I love the blanket you're making for your little boy. The colours are fab!

Joashka said...

Hi i love green :)) it will be very nice blanket :)) I cant wait your finish of this project :)

renee said...

Haha Annemarie! I so love the idea of putting up the Christmas tree now! Maybe I'll wait at least until November.

Mevr. Snoeshaan said...

Such a cute blanket that will be!
And since summer did leave way to early over here, I hope fall will be great. I love halloween!

Mevr. Snoeshaan said...

Thank you for your kind comment, but actually the whole beanie is croched (is that correctly said?) and I will write a tut soon!

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Glad I happened by via icrochet today. I am with you. This hot summer has to go away! I want fall!!!

Susana said...

Hola. Me gusta la combinación de colores que has escogido para esta manta, sobretodo el verde, es precioso.
Un saludo.